I have been on a quest for a few years specifically to discover how God wired me, who He designed me to be, and how He wants me to live that out especially as it relates to work. The Bible says we should find satisfaction in our work.
So I decided there is nothing better than to enjoy food and drink and to find satisfaction in work. Then I realized that these pleasures are from the hand of God. (Ecclesiastes 2:24)
I am still learning but this is what He has taught me so far.
- I love to learn. I'm very inquisitive!
- I am inclined to structure, organization, and efficiency.
- I am drawn to small things, like details!
- I am creative. I especially enjoy graphic design, but love many forms of creativity.
- I tend to notice personality traits and strengths in people.
- I am inclined to want to help people. Whenever I hear the words "I need" or "I would like", my ears perk up and I start thinking of how to make that need or desire a reality.
- I enjoy the challenge of custom work.
- I enjoy people but work best alone. When I am with people I want to talk which explains why I work best alone. :)
- My name means Rich Gift and I believe God still "...calls us by name."
- And most importantly ... I Love the Lord my God with all my heart. I want to keep Him as the Center of my focus and I want to help others make Him the Center of their focus.
I have come to realize that it was God who put this quest in my heart, to put me in the place where I could do the work He prepared for me in advance. The way these circumstances have been orchestrated could only be by His hand. I realized that His design makes me well suited to web and graphic design. I have had opportunities to develop skills in graphic design in my last two places of employement and, although that was not my main position at either job, I found that I loved it! My desire to glorify God with my work has also increased substantially over these last few years. What I mean by that is that I have developed a strong desire to get scripture into peoples homes so that the Word of God might be planted in many hearts. After much prayer I am convinced this is what He has prepared for me.
I am loving this new direction and thrilled that I can use it to plant seeds for God to water. I offer free scripture tags for anyone who wishes to display them on their blog or website. Printed scripture tags are inexpensive ways to share Christ with others. Framed scripture is a great way to let all who enter a home see the Word of God. With everything I create I want to share the Word of God.
His Purpose (and mine):
To honor and glorify God in all that I do.
I pray that you too will discover who God designed you to be and live it out to the fullest.
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:10)
Soli Deo Gloria - for the Glory of God Alone!